- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 5 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 8 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 1 day ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 1 day ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 1 day ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 6 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Social Media: More Addictive Than Cigarettes?
Are popular social media sites, like Facebook and Twitter, addictive? New research suggests yes.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony has the details:
It can be a constant need to keep up with friends online…
(Man)”Maybe for them there’s some little high that they get from knowing that somebody has posted something for them.”
Says a Connecticut man who claims to have mastered the art of tweeting while walking.
A new University of Chicago study on willpower suggests using Twitter, Facebook or other internet social media, could be like an addiction.
Quinnipiac University Professor Rich Hanley…
(Hanley)”You know like, like, carrying around a pack of cigarettes to a smoker, constantly.”
Actually the urge to check for updates or post is greater than the desire to smoke. Though the need for sleep and sex is still the strongest.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio