- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 2 hours ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 12 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 20 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 20 hours ago
Social Media: More Addictive Than Cigarettes?
Are popular social media sites, like Facebook and Twitter, addictive? New research suggests yes.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony has the details:
It can be a constant need to keep up with friends online…
(Man)”Maybe for them there’s some little high that they get from knowing that somebody has posted something for them.”
Says a Connecticut man who claims to have mastered the art of tweeting while walking.
A new University of Chicago study on willpower suggests using Twitter, Facebook or other internet social media, could be like an addiction.
Quinnipiac University Professor Rich Hanley…
(Hanley)”You know like, like, carrying around a pack of cigarettes to a smoker, constantly.”
Actually the urge to check for updates or post is greater than the desire to smoke. Though the need for sleep and sex is still the strongest.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio