- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 13 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 18 hours ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 19 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Auditors: WTC Rebuilding Costs Skyrocket
The cost of rebuilding skyscrapers for the new World Trade Center at Ground Zero is skyrocketing, according to an independent audit sought by the governors of New York and New Jersey.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has details from New York City:
Since 2008, a nearly $4 billion increase: the new World Trade Center, now estimated to cost $14.8 billion. That revelation, part of an audit on the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey – which owns the site – ordered by the governors of both states last fall, after a controversial round of toll hikes at the agency’s bridges and tunnels.
The auditor’s scathing report calls the Port Authority “dysfunctional, lacking sufficient leadership, oversight and cost controls.” The agency’s new director, on the job since November, promises an overhaul.
In New York, Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.