- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 17 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 18 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Auditors: WTC Rebuilding Costs Skyrocket
The cost of rebuilding skyscrapers for the new World Trade Center at Ground Zero is skyrocketing, according to an independent audit sought by the governors of New York and New Jersey.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has details from New York City:
Since 2008, a nearly $4 billion increase: the new World Trade Center, now estimated to cost $14.8 billion. That revelation, part of an audit on the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey – which owns the site – ordered by the governors of both states last fall, after a controversial round of toll hikes at the agency’s bridges and tunnels.
The auditor’s scathing report calls the Port Authority “dysfunctional, lacking sufficient leadership, oversight and cost controls.” The agency’s new director, on the job since November, promises an overhaul.
In New York, Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.