- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 2 hours ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 8 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Jodi Arias Pleads For Life [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- 50th Super Bowl Will Be In…Posted 23 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 1 day ago
Auditors: WTC Rebuilding Costs Skyrocket
The cost of rebuilding skyscrapers for the new World Trade Center at Ground Zero is skyrocketing, according to an independent audit sought by the governors of New York and New Jersey.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has details from New York City:
Since 2008, a nearly $4 billion increase: the new World Trade Center, now estimated to cost $14.8 billion. That revelation, part of an audit on the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey – which owns the site – ordered by the governors of both states last fall, after a controversial round of toll hikes at the agency’s bridges and tunnels.
The auditor’s scathing report calls the Port Authority “dysfunctional, lacking sufficient leadership, oversight and cost controls.” The agency’s new director, on the job since November, promises an overhaul.
In New York, Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.