- Deer Tick DangersPosted 4 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 1 day ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 1 day ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
FL Man Adopts His Girlfriend To Shield Assets [VIDEO]
A wealth Florida polo club founder, facing DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide charges, has adopted his adult girlfriend as part of a legal battle stemming from the fatal 2010 car accident.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has details:
Attorneys for Scott Wilson’s family say John Goodman legally adopted his 42-year-old girlfriend to shield his money from a lawsuit the family filed after Goodman ran a stop sign, crashing into Wilson’s car and killing the 23-year-old. A Florida judge has already ruled that a trust set up for Goodman’s minor children is safe from the lawsuit. Heather Hutchins has been dating Goodman since 2009, and can immediately remove money from the trust since she’s over 35.
Goodman’s lawyer says his client is just ensuring the future stability of his assets with not only the civil suit, but a criminal trial looming in March.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH a debate about the adoption HERE: