- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 39 mins ago
- Damage Control In Indiana Over Religious Freedom Law [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Ranking The Most Congested Cities WorldwidePosted 1 day ago
- So Long Soda?Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
FL Man Adopts His Girlfriend To Shield Assets [VIDEO]
A wealth Florida polo club founder, facing DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide charges, has adopted his adult girlfriend as part of a legal battle stemming from the fatal 2010 car accident.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has details:
Attorneys for Scott Wilson’s family say John Goodman legally adopted his 42-year-old girlfriend to shield his money from a lawsuit the family filed after Goodman ran a stop sign, crashing into Wilson’s car and killing the 23-year-old. A Florida judge has already ruled that a trust set up for Goodman’s minor children is safe from the lawsuit. Heather Hutchins has been dating Goodman since 2009, and can immediately remove money from the trust since she’s over 35.
Goodman’s lawyer says his client is just ensuring the future stability of his assets with not only the civil suit, but a criminal trial looming in March.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH a debate about the adoption HERE: