- Legal Lis: Walmart Fires Back at Tracy MorganPosted 31 mins ago
- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 15 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Cargo Ship Collision Causes KY Bridge Collapse
A collision with a cargo ship carrying aviation parts caused part an old bridge to collapse in Kentucky Thursday night.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
They’re feeling fortunate in western Kentucky.
(Todd)”Just a blessing that we didn’t have any loss of life.”
That’s after part of the Eggner Ferry Bridge, about ninety miles northwest of Nashville, collapsed, struck by a cargo ship full of aviation parts.
(Todd)”There were four cars on the bridge at the time and those four vehicles and all of their occupants made it off the bridge.”
Kentucky transportation spokesman Keith Todd. One driver said he stopped just five feet short of going into the water.
The 80-year-old bridge was already ticketed for replacement, but for now drivers will have to go at least 40 more miles to get around and not over Kentucky Lake.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.