- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 4 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 11 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
CDC Debunks Mystery Disease
A long-awaited study from the Centers for Disease Control on a mystery skin illness is finally done, and the results conclude that the odd sensations are all in the patients’ minds.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has details:
People who think they have what’s known as Moregellons describe a horrifying ordeal that feels like bugs crawling on their body, sores oozing and fibers sprouting out of their skin.
But the CDC says its exhaustive, nearly $600,000 study, focusing on complaints in northern California, mirrors the previous conclusions of Mayo Clinic researchers: no physical cause explaining the symptoms, and most of the skin lesions were from the patients own scratching.
On psychological exams, the patients did show more depression than the general public, but the CDC says any further study is up to someone else.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.