- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 12 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 16 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Sobering Stats: Binge Drinking Report Released
A new report out on binge drinking is presenting some sobering statistics about Americans and alcohol abuse.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has the statistics from Washington:
Thirty-eight million U.S. adults are considered binge drinkers by the Centers for Disease Control, admitting to having four or more drinks per sitting, about once a week. Dr. Ursula Bauer says that kind of heavy drinking doesn’t lead to just traffic deaths and violence, but…
(Bauer) “Over time it can also increase the risk of other serious health problems, including cancer, heart disease and liver failure.”
The latest CDC report estimates too much drinking is linked to more than 80,000 deaths in this country every year.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.