- Gov. Chris Christie Launching PAC — A Possible Step Toward 2016 Presidential Run? [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Thaw Of U.S. – Cuba Relations Stirs Mixed FeelingsPosted 18 hours ago
- Super Bowl Auto Ads: Who’s In, Who’s Out?Posted 18 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Sobering Stats: Binge Drinking Report Released
A new report out on binge drinking is presenting some sobering statistics about Americans and alcohol abuse.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has the statistics from Washington:
Thirty-eight million U.S. adults are considered binge drinkers by the Centers for Disease Control, admitting to having four or more drinks per sitting, about once a week. Dr. Ursula Bauer says that kind of heavy drinking doesn’t lead to just traffic deaths and violence, but…
(Bauer) “Over time it can also increase the risk of other serious health problems, including cancer, heart disease and liver failure.”
The latest CDC report estimates too much drinking is linked to more than 80,000 deaths in this country every year.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.