- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 21 hours ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 22 hours ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 23 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Sobering Stats: Binge Drinking Report Released
A new report out on binge drinking is presenting some sobering statistics about Americans and alcohol abuse.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has the statistics from Washington:
Thirty-eight million U.S. adults are considered binge drinkers by the Centers for Disease Control, admitting to having four or more drinks per sitting, about once a week. Dr. Ursula Bauer says that kind of heavy drinking doesn’t lead to just traffic deaths and violence, but…
(Bauer) “Over time it can also increase the risk of other serious health problems, including cancer, heart disease and liver failure.”
The latest CDC report estimates too much drinking is linked to more than 80,000 deaths in this country every year.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.