- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 10 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 18 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 19 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Radio Buzz: Holiday Re-Gifting Etiquette
Some people call it tacky and rude to take a gift given to you that don’t really like, and give it to someone else.
But is there an art to re-gifting?
And, is it a good idea or a bad idea?
“I think it’s a good idea, but it’s got to be done in the right way.”
That’s Etiquette Expert Paige Hardison speaking with Al at KCOL in Fort Collins, Colorado.
You just have to make sure to match the gift to the person that you’re giving it to right?
Hardison: “Definitely. You don’t want to give someone who lives in an apartment complex a gardening set.”
Al (KCOL): “Or a Great Dane dog!”
Hardison: “Right! You know what I mean? It’s just, sometimes people just give gifts just to check it off their list when they’re really not thinking about what they’re actually doing. So it’s a really good idea to keep in mind who’s actually getting the re-gift in the first place.”
And the key to good re-gifting is, according to Hardison, is to be stealthy enough that the gift recipient has NO IDEA that you’re re-gifting.
According to Consumer reports, 36 percent of Americans plan on re-gifting this year. That’s up 5 percent from the previous year!
It’ll make you think twice this Christmas when you open your gifts!
Are they first-hand gifts? Or are your friends and family just really stealthy re-gifters?!
I’m Jessica Curtis, and that’s your Talk Radio Buzz from Fox News Radio.