- FOX Wheels: America’s Big Pothole ProblemPosted 2 hours ago
- Securing America: IED Protection [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 3 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Manly Crying
The sound of a baby crying has a surprising effect on men.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon tells us what it is in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
Comforting a crying baby might not be high on a list of “manly” activities, but a new study finds that hearing an infant’s cry can actually boost testosterone in men.
Researchers at the University of Michigan use lifelike, interactive baby dolls to test changes in hormones, and saw a spike. However, they noted that the surge in testosterone doesn’t necessarily mean an increase in stereotypically masculine behaviors.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.