- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 43 mins ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Let There Be Lights! Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lights Up Midtown Manhattan
Thousands gathering for the 79th annual lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in New York City.
Listen to the crowd counting down to the flip of the switch turning on the lights, airing on NBC Wednesday night during “Christmas in Rockefeller Center”:
…and then — with the flip of a switch – there were lights!
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports from the Big Apple:
After the holiday season, the tree will be turned into lumber and donated to Habitat for Humanity.
The Rockafeller Center Christmas tree — a staple for out-of-towners visiting New York City around the holidays — many of them at the tree lighting ceremony on Wednesday night.
Listen to what some of them had to say, HERE:
Listen here, to the crowd cheering as the tree was lit:
The spectators in the crowd – really enjoyed being there. Listen to them, HERE:
New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg flipped the switch on the 74 foot tall tree. It’s covered with 5 miles worth of LED lights. The ceremony included performances from Neil Diamond, Tony Bennett and Justin Beiber.
Michael Buble was there as well, singing “I’ll Be Home for Christmas.” Listen to him sing, HERE – which aired on NBC Wednesday night during “Christmas in Rockefeller Center”: :