- Pollino’s Guide To Holiday Movies (And Oscar Buzz): A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014Posted 7 hours ago
- Tales Of Black Friday ShoppersPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX Country: Jake Owen’s Humbling BalladPosted 8 hours ago
- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 1 day ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 1 day ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
George Will: Good That Public Workers Are Losing Jobs
On This Week, George Will praised the increase of private sector jobs and the decrease of public ones.
“The 80,000 is a net number,” said Will. “The private sector created 104,000 jobs. The public sector happily shrank by 24,000 jobs. Both of that’s good.”
Public sector job loss, contrary to what conservatives say, is not good for the economy.
Madeline Schnapp, director of macroeconomic research at TrimTabs Investment Research in Sausalito, Calif., expects state and local governments to cut between 800,000 to one million jobs during the next fiscal year, which began on July 1 and ends on June 30, 2012. Local governments employ the vast majority of public sector workers. Of the approximate 22 million public sector workers, about 14 million are employed by local governments, according to the Labor Department.