- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 6 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 23 hours ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Radio Buzz: Obama Attempts Underwater Rescue; Racy Sex Ed Returning to NYC Schools.
President Obama is attempting to come to the aid of homeowners trying to refinance underwater mortgages.
Isn’t this move just playing politics ahead of 2012?
“Well, it certainly is playing politics. Not just the President, but many Democratic members of Congress have been increasingly concerned about what’s been happening in the housing market that it hasn’t been getting better.”
That’s John Weicher, Director of the Center for Housing and Financial Markets at the Hudson Institute speaking with Forrest at WREC in Memphis.
“What they’re doing is making it possible for people who are really, deeply underwater on their mortgage to refinance.”
In order to be eligible you have to have been making your regular monthly mortgage payment every month, for the last year.
“People in markets where the price of housing is still dropping are not likely to be in strong local economies, making their monthly payment on their mortgage has probably been difficult.”
Will it help?
“The industry is already saying they don’t think this is going to help very many people.”
Well, we’ll have to see if “the industry” – is right.
Buzzing right along to this one:
The New York City Public School system is making headlines with details of a planned sex-ed curriculum, obtained by the New York Post.
“There’s some crazy stuff in there. And it really highlights I think, the problem with having a politically run government education system. That really takes away the responsibility and the rights of parents to decide what their children learn.”
That’s Policy Analyst for the Center for Education Freedom, Adam Schaeffer – speaking with Rob at WGST in Atlanta.
Students going to stores and noting condom brands, prices, and lubrication types.
Researching a route from school to a clinic that provides birth control and STD testing, as well as noting its confidentiality policy.
Roll playing, with other students, on how to resist sexual advances and on “negotiating condom use”.
“It shouldn’t be surprising, unfortunately. This happens quite a lot across the country. It’s not just New York City. It’s not just you know, liberal states like California. This pops up a lot and what it highlights is that people have a lot of very different value systems and it’s very easy for bureaucrats and public school educators to think that they know better than a parent.”
The curriculum is recommended, BUT not required.
“Parents should have, in this case, they have a very narrow opt out. I think they should have an opt out of the public school system. School choice is really the only way to put parents back in charge.”
The curriculum is planned to start in the city sometime next spring.
I’m Jessica Curtis, and that’s your Talk Radio Buzz from Fox News Radio.