- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 23 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 2 days ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
#Twoppics – Amanda Knox
Twoppics, taking a look at what people on Twitter are saying about one of the hottest stories of the day.
Amanda Knox, the American convicted four years ago of killing her British roommate while studying abroad in Italy, is a free woman. The 24-year-old had her conviction overturned by an appeals panel after questions arose about the integrity of the evidence against her and an overzealous prosecutor, who faces his own troubles over abuse of power.
The verdict lit up the Twittersphere, and the story has kept people tweeting and talking. For some there’s questions, like who killed Meredith Kerchner? @Marcotti has the answer to that…
Folks, everyone wondering who murdered Meredith Kercher if not Knox/Sollecito forgets Rudy Guede pleaded guilty + is serving sentence.
— Gabriele Marcotti (@Marcotti) October 3, 2011
Another question comes from @susquinn, who questions the three-year sentence for Knox’s upheld conviction of criminal slander…
Amanda Knox got THREE year sentence for slander?Time already served but WOW When was last time someone thrown in clink for slander in US?
— Susanna Quinn (@susquinn) October 3, 2011
Some are seeing the link to other headline-grabbing stories, such as @scriptgrrl‘s Casey Anthony link…
I would get behind a reality show where Amanda Knox and Casey Anthony live in the same house, clean their guns together, plot revenge, etc.
— scriptgrrl (@scriptgrrl) October 3, 2011
and @theSeanCook‘s comparison to taking out terrorists…
@mrdaveyd even found something Knox shares in common with OJ…
Oct 3 1995…Oj is freed .. 16 yrs later Amanda Knox is freed. Is there a connection? Not really but Oct 3 seems to be a get out of jail day
— Davey D (@mrdaveyd) October 3, 2011
Of course, there are a few jokers, like @JohnFugelsang…
After exposure to the cast of ‘Jersey Shore’ an Italian Jury has decided that Amanda Knox isn’t so bad after all.
— John Fugelsang (@JohnFugelsang) October 3, 2011
Amanda Knox freed on the condition that she finds and kills Casey Anthony. That judge thinks outside the box.
— Robot Chicken (@cyborgturkey) October 3, 2011
Meanwhile, it’s the coverage that has others taking to the interwebs. @comedyfish could already see the front page headlines…
The papers are really only annoyed cos they can’t use the headline. “Hard Knox – Life”
— comedyfish (@comedyfish) October 3, 2011
While it’s the victim of the crime that is on many minds, including @EmmaK67…
And through all this madness, all thoughts with Meredith Kercher and her family
— Emma Kennedy (@EmmaK67) October 3, 2011
Shame Americans cannot remember that Meredith Kercher is a victim, the PR campaign to get Knox off has made me sick. RIP Meredith.
— Neil Fissler (@neilfissler) October 3, 2011