- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- FOX Wheels: America’s Big Pothole ProblemPosted 4 hours ago
- Securing America: IED Protection [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
School Lowers American Flag, Elevates Foreign Flag
An elementary school in Colorado came under criticism after they lowered the American flag and elevated a Saudi Arabian flag.
The principal at Bauder Elementary School in Fort Collins said they did not mean to disrespect the American flag, according to a report in the Greeley Gazzette.
Principal Brian Carpenter told the newspaper that the American flag was immediately returned to its proper and prominent position at the school.
He explained that other flags are posted around the school to recognize the nationalities of students from other countries.
A photograph showing the raised Saudi flag alongside the lowered American flag was first posted on the Greeley Report, a local blog. It generated lots of local debate.
“We realize this is an extremely sensitive time with us getting close to the 10th anniversary of 9/11,” Carpenter told the Gazzette. “There is an increased amount of alertness and sensitivity, but if someone is concerned about something to do with our flag I will settle the issue right away.”
Todd’s on Twitter: Click Here.