- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 4 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 10 hours ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 11 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
School Lowers American Flag, Elevates Foreign Flag
An elementary school in Colorado came under criticism after they lowered the American flag and elevated a Saudi Arabian flag.
The principal at Bauder Elementary School in Fort Collins said they did not mean to disrespect the American flag, according to a report in the Greeley Gazzette.
Principal Brian Carpenter told the newspaper that the American flag was immediately returned to its proper and prominent position at the school.
He explained that other flags are posted around the school to recognize the nationalities of students from other countries.
A photograph showing the raised Saudi flag alongside the lowered American flag was first posted on the Greeley Report, a local blog. It generated lots of local debate.
“We realize this is an extremely sensitive time with us getting close to the 10th anniversary of 9/11,” Carpenter told the Gazzette. “There is an increased amount of alertness and sensitivity, but if someone is concerned about something to do with our flag I will settle the issue right away.”
Todd’s on Twitter: Click Here.