- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 19 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
#Twoppics: East Coast ‘Quake
Twoppics, taking a look at what people on Twitter are saying about Tuesday’s East Coast Earthquake…
It was a little post-lunch tremor…if you consider a 5.8 earthquake to be little…that left many along the East Coast…
((shaken, not stirred))
The rumbler was centered in Mineral, Virginia, but was felt all over the eastern seaboard. From Capitol Hill…
((I was sitting on the 3rd floor of the Capitol, on the House side. And it felt as though the shockwave went from the Senate side to the House side. And at first there was just a slight trembling. There’s an elevator bank very close to the office that I use, and I thought that maybe it was something like that. They’re also doing a lot of construction on Capitol Hill right now, during the recess, you know, in refurbishing things…and I thought it might be something related to that.))
FOX Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram isn’t the only one to mistake it for construction…
((After 3 to 4 seconds, when it continued, I realized that was not the case. And when my dogs went flying off the bed I realized, “oh, we’re having an earthquake.”))
Only difference…Chad Pergram’s in Washington, that woman is in North Carolina.
((I feel the Earth move, under my feet…))
It was felt all the way from South Carolina up into Canada. @SteveKazee knows why it was so widely felt…
Geological Fact: due to the composition of the earth on the east coast a 5.9 magnitude quake is 10x stronger than a 5.9 on the west coast.
— Steve Kazee (@SteveKazee) August 23, 2011
but West Coasters, like @effectua…
A 5.9 means “You totally lucked out it wasn’t over a 6. Just take a breath and relax.” ~ Love, California
— Not well behaved (@effectua) August 23, 2011
DC freaking out over a 5.9 quake. Here in LA, we call a 5.9 a “tinkerbell”…
— mike murphy (@murphymike) August 23, 2011
East coast quake is now a 5.9. Californians yawn, shrug and go back to their iced lattes. #thatshowweroll
— Marcus Beer (@AnnoyedGamer) August 23, 2011
…still think everyone overreacted.
There was some damage, which @walkeje saw first-hand…
I am holding pieces of the national cathedral in my hand. This is very sad. How are they going to rebuild? We keep finding more damage.
— Jennifer Walker (@walkeje) August 23, 2011
and the National Cathedral tweeted photos of…
Three of four pinnacles (corner spires) on the central tower have been damaged – the finials have fallen from them. ow.ly/i/gb1l
— National Cathedral (@WNCathedral) August 23, 2011
((Shake, rattle and roll…Every mornin’…Shake, rattle and roll…))
So why’d it happen? @RogerKnott…
1 other There was just a 5.9 earthquake in DC. Obama wanted it to be 3.4, but the Republicans wanted 5.9, so he compromised #dcquake
— RogerKnott (@RogerKnott) August 23, 2011
Will and Jada divorce rumors followed by the #dcquake. Perhaps someone is taking their “until death do us part” vows literally…
— The Dark Lord (@Lord_Voldemort7) August 23, 2011
…have their ideas.
And as @KuhrazySammi points out…
virginia is having a bad week. first a 5.9 earthquake and now a hurricane for the weekend.
— Sam. (@Odaravla_x3) August 23, 2011
…there’s still a hurricane on the way.