- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 9 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 11 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 12 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Feds Say NYC Can’t Ban Using Food Stamps For Soda
New York City wanted to fight obesity by banning the use of food stamps to buy soda, but Washington says no.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture rejected a waiver request by the state’s Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance that would have allowed the city to implement the plan.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg says his administration is disappointed by the decision.
An official with the nation’s food stamp program said in a letter Friday there were concerns about the plan’s “potential viability and effectiveness.”