- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Feds Say NYC Can’t Ban Using Food Stamps For Soda
New York City wanted to fight obesity by banning the use of food stamps to buy soda, but Washington says no.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture rejected a waiver request by the state’s Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance that would have allowed the city to implement the plan.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg says his administration is disappointed by the decision.
An official with the nation’s food stamp program said in a letter Friday there were concerns about the plan’s “potential viability and effectiveness.”