- Could Cyber Crime Happen To You?Posted 6 hours ago
- Survey Reveals More Parents Requesting To Delay Vaccinations For KidsPosted 7 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Legend Aaron TippinPosted 11 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Feds Say NYC Can’t Ban Using Food Stamps For Soda
New York City wanted to fight obesity by banning the use of food stamps to buy soda, but Washington says no.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture rejected a waiver request by the state’s Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance that would have allowed the city to implement the plan.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg says his administration is disappointed by the decision.
An official with the nation’s food stamp program said in a letter Friday there were concerns about the plan’s “potential viability and effectiveness.”