- President Obama Announces Plan To Fight EbolaPosted 7 hours ago
- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 11 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 18 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Feds Say NYC Can’t Ban Using Food Stamps For Soda
New York City wanted to fight obesity by banning the use of food stamps to buy soda, but Washington says no.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture rejected a waiver request by the state’s Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance that would have allowed the city to implement the plan.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg says his administration is disappointed by the decision.
An official with the nation’s food stamp program said in a letter Friday there were concerns about the plan’s “potential viability and effectiveness.”