- Ebola In America: CDC Confirms First US CasePosted 3 hours ago
- The Head of the Secret Service in the Hot SeatPosted 11 hours ago
- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 14 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
What Are Rick Perry’s True Views About Secession?
In April 2009 Rick Perry, after a speech at a Tea Party tax day rally in Austin, flirted with the idea of secession when talking to the Associated Press.
After his speech, Perry told reporters that there are times when Texans might want to secede but that he didn’t endorse the idea.
“There’s a lot of different scenarios,” Perry told The Associated Press. “We’ve got a great union. There’s absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we’re a pretty independent lot to boot.”
Now a tape has surfaced of a discussion Perry had with bloggers a few weeks before the Austin rally where he joked that “Texas are thinking about that again.”