- The Winners Of The 2015 Boston Marathon Are…Posted 6 hours ago
- 2015 ACM Awards: Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan Win BigPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of Hewlett PackardPosted 15 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 7 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Obama To Seek Aid For Unemployed Veterans
President Obama will ask Congress for aid for unemployed veterans.
The main features of Obama’s proposal, according to administration officials, are two tax credits for companies that hire unemployed veterans:
– A “Returning Heroes” tax credit for 2012-2013. Companies that hire unemployed veterans would receive a $2,400 tax credit. That tax credit would increase to $4,800 if the veteran has been unemployed for six months or more.
– A two-year extension of the “Wounded Warriors” tax credit, which gives companies that hire veterans with service-related disabilities a $4,800 credit. If the veteran has been unemployed for six months of more, the tax credit increases to $9,600.