- FOX on Tech: Who Is Keeping Tabs On Your Cell Phone?Posted 4 hours ago
- Securing America: NSA Director Defends Data CollectionPosted 5 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Do It Yourself Duct Tape HolsterPosted 1 day ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 5 months ago
Obama To Seek Aid For Unemployed Veterans
President Obama will ask Congress for aid for unemployed veterans.
The main features of Obama’s proposal, according to administration officials, are two tax credits for companies that hire unemployed veterans:
– A “Returning Heroes” tax credit for 2012-2013. Companies that hire unemployed veterans would receive a $2,400 tax credit. That tax credit would increase to $4,800 if the veteran has been unemployed for six months or more.
– A two-year extension of the “Wounded Warriors” tax credit, which gives companies that hire veterans with service-related disabilities a $4,800 credit. If the veteran has been unemployed for six months of more, the tax credit increases to $9,600.