- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 1 hour ago
- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 12 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 14 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 16 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 17 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 17 hours ago
Paul Krugman: Debt Deal Will Worsen Employment Picture
Krugman laid it out on ABC’s This Week (via PoliticusUSA).
…basically the Republicans [said] we’ll blow up the world economy unless you give us exactly what we want, and the president said, ok. That’s what happened.
We’re looking; I mean we used to talk about the Japanese and their lost decade. We’re going to look to them as a role model. They did better than we’re doing. This is going to go on. I have nobody I know who thinks the unemployment rate is going to be below 8% at the end of next year. With these spending cuts, it might well be above 9% at the end of next year. There is no light at the end of this tunnel, and the revenue debate in Washington, which is all about gee, we’re going to make this economy worse, but are we going to make it worse on 90% of the Republicans’ terms or 100% the Republicans’ terms and the answer is 100%.