- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Stretch Across America [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- EXTRAORDINARY: Bobby Bowden On Turning Life’s Tragic Losses Into Historic WinsPosted 19 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Breakfast With A Republican
by Gabe Berman
Gabe is the author of Live Like a Fruit Fly
“How do you think your buddy Alan Colmes would feel if he knew you were having breakfast with the enemy?”
This is what my friend asked me at breakfast this morning. I smiled and changed the subject because we’ve known each other since college and I didn’t want to ruin our annual get-together (or my chocolate chip pancakes) with a political debate.
Actually, it wouldn’t have been a debate at all because I would have simply said, “Listen man, seriously, what has the Republican party ever done for you and your family?”
And he would have said nothing because he knows exactly what checkmate looks like.
Republicans offer nothing but the bait and switch. The only people who truly benefit from the policies of Republican politicians are the business people with whom they’re in cahoots. And if you’re reading this right now, there’s a good chance you aren’t one of them.