- Bullet Points: Shoot to Wound?Posted 2 hours ago
- Hired! Job OpportunitiesPosted 2 hours ago
- AFMW: American Traditional Country Music Duo, The Secret SistersPosted 4 hours ago
- President Obama Green Lights Surveillance Flights Over Syria [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Sharing Opinions On Social MediaPosted 24 hours ago
- The Emmy Awards: Big Wins and An Emotional Tribute to Robin Williams [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
EPA Orders Orders Power Plants To Reduce Toxic Emissions
New EPA rules will prevent 13,000-24,000 deaths each year.
By the time the new requirements take effect in 2014, power plants will need to have cut their sulfur dioxide emissions by 73 percent and their nitrogen oxides by 54 percent from 2005 levels.
…The benefits would be greatest in northeastern states such as Ohio and Pennsylvania, which would see an estimated 3,100 and 2,900 early deaths avoided annually.