- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 2 days ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 3 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
RI State Rep. Taunting Dems As Friends To Pot-Smoking Guatemalans Arrested For Being Stoned, Carrying Pot
Rhode Island’s House Minority Leader, Robert Watson, has got some explaining to do. It’s now time to answer questions about his heritage and sexual preferences. But, first, let us recall his mockingly derisive view of pot smokers, Guatemalans and gays as of February this year:
After a weeklong controversy, Guatemalan community leaders and supporters publicly demanded again Wednesday that House Minority Leader Robert A. Watson apologize for a remark they considered “insulting” and derogatory toward Guatemalans.
Watson, a Republican from East Greenwich, made his controversial comment at a Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce meeting last Wednesday. He stated: “I suppose if you’re a gay man from Guatemala who gambles and smokes pot, you probably think that we’re onto some good ideas here.”
But Watson told The Journal on Wednesday afternoon that he would not apologize.
My, what a funny guy. And what a great way to get back at the gay, Guatemalan bong-hitting Democrats in Rhode Island — all both of them, or their buddies, or whatever. Anyway, insert something here about getting stoned and throwing your political career at glass houses:
. . [Watson] is facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and marijuana possession after a random stop by Connecticut police as he was driving his pickup truck through a checkpoint in East Haven, Conn., Friday night.
A police report said his eyes were “extremely glassy and bloodshot,” his speech slurred, and he had difficulty performing a series of sobriety tests.
After handcuffing Watson and placing him under arrest, the arresting police officer said he found “a small plastic sandwich bag containing a green leafy plant-like substance and a small wooden marijuana smoking pipe” in Watson’s right pants pocket.
Maybe he chased off a loitering group of stoned Central American gamblers from the Connecticut state house? And he’d secured the evidence for the Rhode Island troopers? But then he got really tired, and, oh never mind . .