- Could A Traffic App Be A Danger To Police?Posted 14 hours ago
- Stresses of Social MediaPosted 20 hours ago
- NASA Goes Commercial?Posted 21 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Radio Buzz: Raising the Debt Ceiling; AZ Immigration Law
The Radio Buzz… the top talk radio stories of the day.
To raise … or not raise… the debt ceiling…
As a Senator in 2006 – Obama voted against raising it… but now…
Press Secretary Jay Carney says the President views his vote as a mistake…
And now – the Obama Administration is asking Congress to raise it…by next month.
“If the United States does not raise the debt ceiling – that is – it’s statutory limit on borrowing – it would default on it’s obligations starting in late may or early June.”
Fox News Political Analyst Jeff Birnbaum – speaking with Tony at WHAS.
Worst case scenario – if the ceiling isn’t raised – what could happen?
“There would be a financial crisis that would tank the stock markets – interest rates would rise everywhere in the world – there would be a renewed kind of inflation – a kind of financial warfare – an attack on all of us would be created if the U.S. actually defaulted.”
We may end up seeing another stand off on Capitol Hill – with Republicans warning they will not vote to raise the debt ceiling – unless they see genuine efforts to reduce the deficit.
A Federal Appeals Court in Arizona – refusing – to lift a stay blocking major parts of a hotly contested – state immigration law.
The law – would require law enforcement to check immigration status – when enforcing other laws.
“Arizona’s law just basically verbatum restated the federal law. If you’re in the United States and you’re not a citizen – you’re required by law – since 1945 – to carry your documents – and basically thats what Arizona’s law says – and if you don’t have your documents with you then you’re in violation of federal law and Arizona’s law.”
That was Steven Camarota – Director of Research for the Center for Immigration Studies – speaking with Sergio at KURV in McAllen, TX.
“We’re expecting this case to go all the way to the Supreme Court – as you as well – right Steve?”
“It does seem likely that Arizona will appeal it to the Supreme Court eventually – atleast that’s what politcally they’ve said so far.”
Arizona’s Governor – Jan Brewer – in implementing the law – said that the federal government hasn’t effectively enforced immigration law – and that the state law will assist federal authorities.
I’m Jessica Curtis – and that’s your Talk Radio Buzz, from Fox News Radio.