- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 21 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 22 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Former Hawaii Official Denounces “Ludicrous” Birthers; Restates Accuracy Of Obama’s Birth Records
Dr. Chiyome Fukimo, the former director of Hawaii’s health department, has reasserted that President Obama’s birth certificate is “real” and has denounced “conspiracy theorists” who claim otherwise. Fukimo adds, “It’s kind of ludicrous at this point.” Asked about recent comments by Donald Trump that “nobody has any information” about the president’s birth, Fukimo explains otherwise.
…the original so-called “long form” birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a “record of live birth” — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice…
Fukino [inspected the files], taking with her the state official in charge of vital records. She found the original birth record, properly numbered, half typed and half handwritten, and signed by the doctor who delivered Obama, located in the files. She then put out a public statement asserting to the document’s validity. She later put out another public statement in July 2009 — after reviewing the original birth record a second time.
The “Certification of Live Birth” was released during the last presidential campaign at the request of Barack Obama, who signed necessary forms to allow the release. The longer form “Certificate of Live Birth” is not released to anybody, including the person on the certificate.
“It’s a Department of Health record and it can’t be released to anybody,” [Hawaii attorney general spokesperson Joshua] Wisch] said. Nor do state laws have any provision that authorizes such records to be photocopied, Wisch said. If Obama wanted to personally visit the state health department, he would be permitted to inspect his birth record, Wisch said.
But if he or anybody else wanted a copy of their birth records, they would be told to fill out the appropriate state form and receive back the same computer generated “certification of live birth” form that everybody else gets — which is exactly what Obama did four years ago.