- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 4 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 8 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Donald Trump Raises Questions About His Own Birth Certificate
Donald Trump, who has ramped up his birther rhetoric over the past week, decided he would prove just how easy it is to do what he wants President Obama to do, and released his “birth certificate.” But it turns out his “birth certificate” is not official. What Trump released was something issued by the hospital where he was born, but is not the official City of New York birth certificate, prompting The Smoking Gun to ask what he is trying to hide.
Except the document is not an official New York City birth certificate, but rather a document generated by Jamaica Hospital, where Trump’s mother Mary reportedly gave birth in June 1946. Official birth certificates are issued (and maintained) by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Office of Vital Records.
So, what is Trump trying to conceal?
On a possibly related note, Jamaica Hospital has been the recipient of significant financial largesse from the Trump family. In fact, the Queens institution includes the Trump Pavilion, a nursing and rehabilitation facility that was named for Mary Trump.
[If The Donald wants to hunt in his sock drawer for the official birth certificate, he should look for a document that includes an official Department of Health stamp and resembles city forms like ones used decades ago…
One has to wonder, as Ben Smith does, given some circumstantial evidence whether Trump was actually born in America.
Trump’s mother, it should be noted, was born in Scotland, which is not part of the United States. His plane is registered in the Bahamas, also a foreign country. This fact pattern — along with the wave of new questions surrounding what he claims is a birth certificate — raises serious doubts about his eligibility to serve as President of the United States.