- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 2 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 6 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Atheist Wants Creationist Teacher Fired
A Chicago-area atheist is on a crusade to have a high school science teacher fired for teaching creationism in his classroom.
“It has nothing to be dissatisfied,” atheist activist Rob Sherman told the Chicago Tribune. “I’m protecting conquered territory and assisting parents who want the teacher fired by articulating their concerns.”
Listen to this report from Fox News Radio’s Todd Starnes:
The teacher is identified as Beau Schaefer. He confirmed to district officials that he was teaching creationist beliefs at the high school. Creationism is the belief that God created the heavens and the Earth.
“Steps have been taken to ensure that this teacher will no longer use creationism as part of his classroom instruction,” school district spokesperson Mary Todoric told the Tribune. “Furthermore, the district has taken appropriate steps to ensure that all science teachers are not referencing or teaching creationism.”
But that’s not good enough for Sherman. He said he represents a group of parents who are upset that their children were exposed to the idea that God created mankind.
“What I’m trying to do is remind the board with my presence that creationism in the classroom is undesirable and according to the Supreme Court it is illegal,” he told the newspaper.
He plans on attending a school board meeting tonight in an attempt to get the teacher fired. However, school officials said they would not allow anyone attending the meeting to discuss the science curriculum or the teacher.