- Securing America: IED ProtectionPosted 12 hours ago
- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
#Twoppics – Nate Dogg, Sleigh Bells, Rebecca Black
Twoppics, the stories behind the hottest topics on Twitter…
Your twoppic of the moment is some bad news in the music world…The famed rap collaborator Nate Dogg has died. His silky voice helped shaped the sound of West Coast rap, an area he called home. The hip-hop trendsetter suffered a stroke in 2007, and had nearly completely recovered before suffering another one the following year. He was left partially paralyzed and unable to speak after that stroke, and ultimately died of complications from it. Twitter is memorializing him, with messages from high school friend Snoop Dogg…
RIP NATE DOGG.
— Snoop Dogg (@SnoopDogg) March 16, 2011
and fans like @DJSupaSkip…
RIP Nate Dogg… Finishing tonight with a small tribute to an artist that was a personal fav
— Dj Supa Skip (@DjSupaSkip) March 17, 2011
Nate Dogg was 41.
In a bit of good musical news, your twoppic of the day is Sleigh Bells…No, it’s not Christmas in March, but rather we’re talking about rockers Sleigh Bells…The band performed at the annual SXSW festival in Austin…and they are a hit! Twitter is raving about their performance, with new fans including @GregoryDuJuan…
Sleigh Bells is sick! #woodies
— DuJuan James (@GregoryDuJuan) March 17, 2011
Sleigh Bells is my new favorite band. Loud guitar riffs, beats, and a girl yelling <3
— Christian (@chrstnbrynprz) March 17, 2011
We’ve had the good…we’ve had the bad…and now we have the ugly…Your top twoppic is the disaster that won’t go away, Rebecca Black. The tween’s music video has gone viral, but in the worst possible way. Critics call it “a mind-meltingly horrific song…by a marginally talented teen pop singer.” The song was released by Ark Music Factory, which sends out casting calls looking for the next Justin Bieber. Well, Black’s gaining popularity…but only with those who are mystified by her popularity. The Twitter-verse’s heads are spinning, with non-fans including @iggyj…
Rebecca Black.. she aint serious right? its a joke music video?
— Jessaerys Targaryen (@iggyj) March 17, 2011
Rebecca Black just stop singing!
— Alysia Sauceda ☯ (@AlysiaWho) March 17, 2011