- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Radio Buzz: GOP Fuming over recess appointments; Terrorist Granny?
Republicans – outraged at President Obama’s – latest move.
Directly appointing six officials – without the consent of Congress – during the Congressional break.
“But this isn’t unusual by any President – is it?”
That question – asked by Tony Cruise – at WHAS Louisville, KY of Fox News Political Analyst, Jeff Birnbaum:
“Oh no. These so-called recess appointments happen virtually every time that Congress goes out of session because of disagreements between the President and members of the Senate in particular. They can’t agree on a few appointments and that was the case here.”
The most controversial of the Presidents most recent appointments – his appointment for Deputy Attorney General – James Cole.
Cole – has previously expressed feelings that terrorist trials should be handled very much like drug cartel trials – not needing a separate kind of judicial system – and requiring a NON military tribunal sort of trial — an opinion which is quite different from what most republicans would prefer.
Buzzing right along…
An Indiana Grandmother – under investigation by authorities – because of possible ties to suspected AND convicted international terrorists.
“She has become suddenly converted to atleast superficially into a belief of this Islamic / jihadist approach to the world.”
That was Charlie Allen – 44 year veteran of the CIA and Principal at the Chertoff Group.
The woman – 46 year old Karen Smith – has previously blogged about her granddaughter marrying a suspected German jihadist – and since – has been flying back and forth between the US and Germany – as recently as two weeks ago.
I’m Jessica Curtis, and that’s your talk radio buzz, from Fox News Radio.