- AFMW: The Rhett Walker BandPosted 1 day ago
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Dies at 90Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Cop Lip Syncing To Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off”Posted 2 days ago
- Country Music Stars Defend “American Sniper” [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Radio Buzz: GOP Fuming over recess appointments; Terrorist Granny?
Republicans – outraged at President Obama’s – latest move.
Directly appointing six officials – without the consent of Congress – during the Congressional break.
“But this isn’t unusual by any President – is it?”
That question – asked by Tony Cruise – at WHAS Louisville, KY of Fox News Political Analyst, Jeff Birnbaum:
“Oh no. These so-called recess appointments happen virtually every time that Congress goes out of session because of disagreements between the President and members of the Senate in particular. They can’t agree on a few appointments and that was the case here.”
The most controversial of the Presidents most recent appointments – his appointment for Deputy Attorney General – James Cole.
Cole – has previously expressed feelings that terrorist trials should be handled very much like drug cartel trials – not needing a separate kind of judicial system – and requiring a NON military tribunal sort of trial — an opinion which is quite different from what most republicans would prefer.
Buzzing right along…
An Indiana Grandmother – under investigation by authorities – because of possible ties to suspected AND convicted international terrorists.
“She has become suddenly converted to atleast superficially into a belief of this Islamic / jihadist approach to the world.”
That was Charlie Allen – 44 year veteran of the CIA and Principal at the Chertoff Group.
The woman – 46 year old Karen Smith – has previously blogged about her granddaughter marrying a suspected German jihadist – and since – has been flying back and forth between the US and Germany – as recently as two weeks ago.
I’m Jessica Curtis, and that’s your talk radio buzz, from Fox News Radio.