- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 20 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 21 hours ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 21 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Tea Party Senate Candidate Joe Miller: We Were Attacked On 9/11 Because We’re Exceptional
Buried at the end of a story about the Alaska Palin/Beck rally is what that state’s tea party/GOP candidate Joe Miller told the crowd, and it was total nonsense.
In his remarks to the Wasilla crowd, Miller said the nation was attacked on Sept. 11 “because we’re American.” He said the U.S. is a threat to its enemies because of its “exceptionalism,” its freedoms and constitutional restraint of government.
“We as a nation have been activated. We’ve been activated through 9/11. We’re now activated in a political sense,” Miller said. “We see a movement across the United States right now that is moving this country in a direction that restores foundations, that restores constitutional principles and makes us proud to be Americans again.”
“Exceptionalism” is a recent buzzword for conservatives. I’m sure bin Laden was in his cave mumbling to himself about how “exceptional” America is and that it therefore must be attacked. He was likely also ranting about how America’s “constitutional restraint” was really pissing him off. Oh, and it’s nice to know that Miller is proud to be an American again. However, Michelle Obama beat him to it.