- US Seeks To Normalize Relations With CubaPosted 8 hours ago
- American Alan Gross Released From Cuba After 5 Years In Prison [VIDEO]Posted 12 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Pistol Packin’ Wait Staff?Posted 15 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 16 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
To The Angry George Soros-Haters: What Have YOU Done For Society Lately?
George Soros, the scourge of the right, is set to announce a $100 million contribution to Human Rights Watch, which looks into and publicizes human rights abuses worldwide.
Last year, in the depths of the recession, Mr. Soros gave the Robin Hood Foundation, a charity that fights poverty in New York, a $50 million contribution that helped it raise significantly more than that amount. He also gave every family with children on welfare in New York State $200 to buy school supplies, a grant worth $35 million that enabled the state to gain access to some $175 million in federal money for which it would not otherwise have qualified.
So far this year, Mr. Soros has donated about $700 million to various causes, including the gift to Human Rights Watch.
The group represents a cause that is near and dear to Mr. Soros’s heart.
“Every Wednesday morning at 8 o’clock, a group at Human Rights Watch got together and discussed issues with the managers,” Mr. Soros recalled. “I was an active participant in that group, and human rights remains an important element of my foundation’s current activities.”