- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 7 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 1 day ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
PETA and the Giant Jesus
The anti-meat people have unveiled a plan to rebuild a giant Jesus destroyed by an act of God.
The statue was a local landmark in Monroe, Ohio – a six-story sculpture of Jesus with his arms raised outside the Solid Rock Church. The statue was hit by lightning last week and burned to the ground.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said they will be glad to rebuild the super-sized savior — so long as he has an anti-meat, pro-animal message.
According to the Dayton Daily News, PETA proposed a new statue – with Jesus holding a lamb – inscribed with a message: “Blessed are the Merciful. Go Vegan.”
The pro-animal group sent a letter to the congregation – saying the money to replace the statue would be donated by a Christian PETA supporter.
“An ever-growing number of Christians believe that eating the flesh of God’s creatures supports the unholy cruelty of today’s filthy factory farms and slaughterhouses,” the letter stated.
Rev. Darlene Bishop said the church appreciated the gesture, but declined to accept PETA’s offer.
“We’re not interested,” she told the Dayton Daily News. “We raise cattle.”
PETA has been known to target religious groups—most notably the Southern Baptist Convention. They sent a protester dressed like a chicken to protest the Baptists – and their affinity for fried chicken – known affectionately in some circles as the Gospel Bird.