- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Rand Paul Misstates Americans With Disabilities Act
In a weekend op-ed piece, Kentucky GOP Senate candidate Rand Paul continued to defend his position that businesses should be able to discriminate if they want, and likened his views to those of Martin Luther King, Jr. He also defends his position on the Americans with Disabilities Act, but does so by misstating how it actually works.
(h/t Greg Sargent)
…it’s highly unlikely that a “small business in a two story building” would ever have to put in a “costly elevator.” The Americans With Disabililties Act specifically exempts most buildings of this size.
Paul has repeatedly used this example to make his point, but is clearly not familiar with how the act works.