- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 days ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
More GOP Fallout: Chair Michael Steele “Not Comfortable” With Paul’s Civil Rights Stance
On This Week, Republican Party Chair Michael Steele put some distance between himself and Kentucky’s GOP’ Senate candidate Rand Paul.
Anchor Jake Tapper asked Steele, “Are you comfortable with” Paul’s views?
“I’m not comfortable with a lot of things,” Steele said.
“It sounds like you’re not comfortable with it,” Tapper said.
“I just said I wasn’t comfortable with it,” Steele replied.
“I think it’s important to understand that Rand Paul has clarified his statement and reiterated his support for…pushing civil rights forward, as opposed to going backwards,” Steele said on This Week. “Any attempt to look backwards is not in the best interest of our country certainly, and certainly not in the best interest of the party,” he said.
And on Fox News Sunday, Steele said, “I believe … his philosophy is misplaced in these times. I don’t think it’s where the country is right now.”