- Jimmie Johnson Gears Up For Sin City, As NASCAR Heads To VegasPosted 29 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Blind Man Sees Wife With Bionic EyePosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: THIRD DAY, Grammy, AMA and GMA Dove Award winning groupPosted 4 hours ago
- It’s A Boy For Carrie Underwood! And, The Baby’s Name Is…Posted 4 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music’s Pete Scobell Talks About His Tribute to Chris KylePosted 18 hours ago
- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
More GOP Fallout: Chair Michael Steele “Not Comfortable” With Paul’s Civil Rights Stance
On This Week, Republican Party Chair Michael Steele put some distance between himself and Kentucky’s GOP’ Senate candidate Rand Paul.
Anchor Jake Tapper asked Steele, “Are you comfortable with” Paul’s views?
“I’m not comfortable with a lot of things,” Steele said.
“It sounds like you’re not comfortable with it,” Tapper said.
“I just said I wasn’t comfortable with it,” Steele replied.
“I think it’s important to understand that Rand Paul has clarified his statement and reiterated his support for…pushing civil rights forward, as opposed to going backwards,” Steele said on This Week. “Any attempt to look backwards is not in the best interest of our country certainly, and certainly not in the best interest of the party,” he said.
And on Fox News Sunday, Steele said, “I believe … his philosophy is misplaced in these times. I don’t think it’s where the country is right now.”