- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 day ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
More GOP Fallout: Chair Michael Steele “Not Comfortable” With Paul’s Civil Rights Stance
On This Week, Republican Party Chair Michael Steele put some distance between himself and Kentucky’s GOP’ Senate candidate Rand Paul.
Anchor Jake Tapper asked Steele, “Are you comfortable with” Paul’s views?
“I’m not comfortable with a lot of things,” Steele said.
“It sounds like you’re not comfortable with it,” Tapper said.
“I just said I wasn’t comfortable with it,” Steele replied.
“I think it’s important to understand that Rand Paul has clarified his statement and reiterated his support for…pushing civil rights forward, as opposed to going backwards,” Steele said on This Week. “Any attempt to look backwards is not in the best interest of our country certainly, and certainly not in the best interest of the party,” he said.
And on Fox News Sunday, Steele said, “I believe … his philosophy is misplaced in these times. I don’t think it’s where the country is right now.”