- AFMW: Miss America 2015 Kira KazantsevPosted 9 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Soldier Shocks Family With Surprise ReturnPosted 1 day ago
- Tim McGraw To Headline Sandy Hook Promise BenefitPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: ‘True Story’ Author Michael FinkelPosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 4 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
‘Mexican Revolution’ Teacher Won’t Be Disciplined
School officials in Southern California said they will not take action against a history teacher who called for a Mexican Revolution in the United States.
Ron Gochez, history teacher at Santee High School, made the inflammatory comments at a La Raza rally at UCLA approximately three years ago. Video of the speech recently surfaced on YouTube and has created a firestorm of controversy. The video has since been removed.
“Where we now stand is stolen, occupied Mexico,” the history teacher told the crowd.
“We are revolutionary Mexican organization here,” he said in the video. “We understand that this is not just about Mexico. Its about a global struggle against imperialism and capitalism At the forefront of this revolutionary movement is La Raza. We will no longer fall for these lies called borders. We see America as a northern front of a revolutionary movement Our enemy is capitalism and imperialism.”
Robert Alainz, director of communications for the Los Angeles Unified School District confirmed to FOX News Radio that the teacher in the video is an employee of their district.
“It was given at a rally at UCLA and the teacher in question was apparently providing comments or a speech during the rally as an individual and not as a representative of the school sytem,” Alainz said.
Gochez railed against what he called, “Frail, racist, white people” and “our enemy is capitalism and imperialism.” However, Alainz said the school teacher will not be disciplined for what he said.
“We looked at the speech over and over again,” he said. “We found no violation in district policy.”
Alainz said the school district’s legal department reviewed the video and they took into account the teacher was giving the speech on his own time and “not as a representative of the school system.”
The principal of Santee High School said they’ve received calls from around the world inquiring about the speech. However, he declined to officially comment on the matter.
As far as the school system is concerned, the teacher’s comments, no matter how inflammatory, are considered free speech.