- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 5 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 6 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Tea Party Puts Out “America’s Most Wanted” Playing Cards
Much like the playing cards that were put out to illustrate which members of Saddam Hussein’s government were to be hunted down and killed, the Shenendoah Valley Tea Party has put out a similar deck with politicians it wants gone. And they claim to have been inspired by the Iraqi deck (h/t Think Progress). Nothing like a little violent imagery to go with your tea bags. They obviously know how this will be interpreted, because they go out of their way to make the point that they are not promoting violence.
On its website, the group encourages buyers to locate the “dirty politician’s mailing address,” sign the card with permanent marker and “Mail it to him as a reminder that, on Election Day, you will be calling his bluff (Suggestion : you may want to refrain from writing your return address on the envelope).”
The cards are referred to as “America’s Most Wanted”.
“Even when coming up with the name, we didn’t want it to be an incendiary title that might promote violence, cause trouble or be misleading in any way,” he said. “By calling it ‘Most Wanted’ it just shows we want (the politicians to be) kicked out of office.”