- AFMW: Country Music’s Pete Scobell Talks About His Tribute to Chris KylePosted 10 hours ago
- Jury Deadlocks: No Death Sentence For Jodi Arias [VIDEO]Posted 11 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Asks To Make Her Emails Public [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
“Bible-thumping, Gun-toting, Capitalist Pig” pays 65% taxes
Ed Malin, the owner of Angie’s Subs, was wondering where all of his money was going so he decided to do the math. After adding up the numbers, Ed discovered 65 percent of his income was going to pay taxes.
“That’s not America,” Ed told WJXT. “That’s not why I work 90 hours a week.”
So he decided to let the folks in Jacksonville Beach, Florida know exactly how he felt. He erected a sign outside his shop that reads, “A Bible thumpin’, gun totin’ capitalist pig owns this joint.”
Ed told the local television station he doesn’t agree with where the country is heading and said the idea for the sign after attending a local Tea Party rally.
His sign has generated quite a bit of conversation in Jacksonville Beach. While some customers say Ed may have gone too far, others are supportive.
“I pulled my car up and I went, ‘Yes! The truth. The truth will set you free,” John Tipton told WXJT.