- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 4 hours ago
- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 15 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 16 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 19 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 19 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 20 hours ago
White House Signaling Support For House To Pass Senate Health Care Bill
Plum Line is reporting that the White House wants the House to pass the Senate health care bill with a fix that can be worked out via reconciliation.
“In staff level discussions, the White House has made it clear that it supports making changes to the Senate bill through reconciliation because that is the only way to pass comprehensive health care reform,” one of the Dem Congressional aides familiar with ongoing talks tells me.
“They support this strategy,” a second Democratic aide familiar with the talks says, referring to the White House. “The alternatives are so bad they’re not worth asking about.”
This would solve the problem with the lack of 60 votes in the Senate, and allow the process to continue without having to start from scratch. No word yet on what the “fix” would be that would permit this plan to proceed.