- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of December 20thPosted 33 mins ago
- Target Confirms Massive Credit Card Data BreachPosted 20 hours ago
- Report: Superbug Bacteria Widespread Among Chicken In USPosted 23 hours ago
- Duck Dynasty Controversy [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 5 months ago
ABC: Terror Plot Planned In Yemen; Suspect Had Explosives Sewn In Underwear
Al Qaeda leaders in Yemen planned the Christmas day attempted terrorist attack on a plane that landed in Detroit and sewed bomb materials into the suspect’s underwear, according to ABC News.
Investigators say the suspect had more than 80 grams of PETN, a compound related to nitro-glycerin used by the military. The so-called shoe bomber, Richard Reid, had only about 50 grams kin his failed attempt in 2001 to blow up a U.S.-bound jet. Yesterday’s bomb failed because the detonator may have been too small or was not in “proper contact” with the explosive material, investigators told ABC News.
Investigator say suspect Abdul Farouk Umar Abdulmutallab, has provided detailed information about his recruitment and training.