- Shooting at Marysville-Pilchuck High SchoolPosted 14 hours ago
- Dallas Nurse, Nina Pham, Ebola-FreePosted 16 hours ago
- American Dispatch: Revisiting A Tornado-Torn Town In ArkansasPosted 19 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Republican National Committee Health Plan Covers Abortion
The health plan offered to employees by the Republican National Committee covers elective abortion, even though the party platform calls the procedure “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”
Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.
Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.
“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.
Oh? Taking steps finally after 18 years?
According to several Cigna employees, the insurer offers its customers the opportunity to opt out of abortion coverage – and the RNC did not choose to opt out.
Maybe because the RNC wants to offer its employees the same kind of coverage almost every other employer does.