- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 7 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 9 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 10 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Republican National Committee Health Plan Covers Abortion
The health plan offered to employees by the Republican National Committee covers elective abortion, even though the party platform calls the procedure “a fundamental assault on innocent human life.”
Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion.
Informed of the coverage, RNC spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told POLITICO that the policy pre-dates the tenure of current RNC Chairman Michael Steele.
“The current policy has been in effect since 1991, and we are taking steps to address the issue,” Gitcho said.
Oh? Taking steps finally after 18 years?
According to several Cigna employees, the insurer offers its customers the opportunity to opt out of abortion coverage – and the RNC did not choose to opt out.
Maybe because the RNC wants to offer its employees the same kind of coverage almost every other employer does.