- Lois Lerner Opens-Up About IRS Scandal [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- A Chilling Warning From ISIS Released in an Audio StatementPosted 6 hours ago
- Securing America: Breach At 1600 Pennsylvania Ave [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
The CIA Wants To Follow You Online
The CIA has invested in a firm called “Visible Technologies” that specializes on monitoring social network sites.
Wired reporter Noah Schactman writes: “America’s spy agencies want to read your blog posts, keep track of your Twitter updates — even check out your book reviews on Amazon.”
“America’s spy agencies want to read your blog posts, keep track of your Twitter updates — even check out your book reviews on Amazon.”
That’s the lead sentence to a new article on the website of Wired Magazine titled “U.S. Spies Buy Stake in Firm That Monitors Blogs, Tweets.”
They think it would be irresponsible not to do this.
Lewis Shepherd, the former senior technology officer at the Defense Intelligence Agency, says in an e-mail: “Facebook says that more than 70 percent of its users are outside the U.S., in more than 180 countries. There are more than 200 non-U.S., non-English-language microblogging Twitter-clone sites today. If the intelligence community ignored that tsunami of real-time information, we’d call them incompetent.”