- Another Security Blunder For Secret ServicePosted 3 mins ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 3 hours ago
- Hired! Jobs That Don’t Require College DegreesPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Bill Moyers: Democrats Should Be Willing To Lose In Order To Win
Republicans don’t want to give Obama an advantage which would help Democrats stay in power. This is a tougher fight than the one for Social Security and civil rights, because there’s more money fighting against progress. And so much money flows to Democrats that they’re a corporate party as well, and that means policies aren’t crafted in the best interest of most of the American people. Both parties serve the “for profit” motive.
Moyers makes the case with Bill Maher that it’s better to lose fighting for the whole loaf, rather than to settle for half a loaf. That way you can come back and fight again.
Moyers: “Much better that Barack Obama go back to this public insurance for everybody. Universal health care, run by the government with tough cost controls, in which everybody could join, employees and individuals, and which puts the care of the patient back in the hands of the doctor. And lose. If we were to do that and lose the fight this fall, I guarantee you, it would reinvigorate the party for not being who it is and who it’s for.”