- AFMW: Tyler and Earl CampbellPosted 40 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 hour ago
- Which Country Singer Reportedly Lands Acting Gig In New Adam Sandler Movie?Posted 2 hours ago
- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 1 day ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 1 day ago
- Fast-Food Restaurant Fuels Frenzy On Vegas StripPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
It Didn’t Take Long For The Right Wing To Renounce N. Korean Mission
Former UN Ambassador John Bolton is claiming that President Obama sending Bill Clinton to North Korea amounts to rewarding that country for bad behavior and undermines public stands taken by his own wife, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. (Clinton is pictured here with Kim Jung Il and former White House Chief of Staff John Podesta).
“It comes perilously close to negotiating with terrorists,” Bolton told AFP when asked about Bill Clinton’s trip to secure the release of journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee.
“I think this is a very bad signal because it does exactly what we always try and avoid doing with terrorists, or with rogue states in general, and that’s encouraging their bad behavior,” Bolton said.
Bolton scoffed at the White House statement that Clinton was on “solely a private mission,” saying that’s impossible when you’re married to the secretary of state. Doesn’t Bolton know diploma-speak? And Bolton was critical about linking any effort to release the two journalists to discussing nuclear arms reduction or an effort to convince North Korea to return to six-party talks.
“Hillary has said she wanted to delink the two but (Bill) Clinton was met at the airport by Kim Kye-Gwan who is the lead and has been for 15 years or more the lead North Korean nuclear negotiator,” he added.
Perhaps, only if Bill Clinton had a nuclear device strapped to his body and “personally reduced North Korea to a smoldering, rubble-strewn wasteland” would neocons be happy. Of course, the opposite happened, given that peace trumps war to sane people.
Prediction: liberal-bashers will criticize a key element of what enabled the release of Lee and Ling: an apology.
North Korea will pardon two jailed US journalists after visiting former president Bill Clinton apologised to leader Kim Jong-Il for their behaviour, state media reported Wednesday.
“The measure taken to release the American journalists is a manifestation of the DPRK’s (North Korea’s) humanitarian and peace-loving policy,” the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported.
“Clinton expressed words of sincere apology to Kim Jong-Il for the hostile acts committed by the two American journalists against the DPRK after illegally intruding into it,” KCNA reported.
“Clinton courteously conveyed to Kim Jong-Il an earnest request of the US government to leniently pardon them and send them back home from a humanitarian point of view,” it said.
After Kim issued a special order pardoning the pair, Clinton “courteously conveyed a verbal message of US President Barack Obama expressing profound thanks for this and reflecting views on ways of improving the relations between the two countries”.
Get Ready for conservative heads to explode.