- Ukraine Crisis Leads To Sanctions On Russia, Executive OrderPosted 11 hours ago
- The Balance of Power: Is The Tea Party Losing Steam?Posted 16 hours ago
- Conservatives Gather At CPAC [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Frank Gaffney: Obama Duped America Like Hitler Duped Chamberlain
The former Assistant Secretary of Defense in the Reagan administration, who now runs the Center for Security Policy, at first claims he doesn’t mean it literally when he calls Obama “America’s first Muslim president”; he means it in the sense that Bill Clinton was the first black president.
But he doesn’t mean it as a compliment, either.
During his White House years, William Jefferson Clinton – someone Sonya Sotomayor might call a “white male” – was dubbed by an admirer in the African-American community “America’s first black president.” Applying the standard of identity politics and pandering to a special interest that earned Mr. Clinton that distinction, Barack Hussein Obama would have to be considered America’s first Muslim president.
Describing Obama as someone “happy to have his Islamic-rooted middle name prominently featured, Gaffney then goes in for a Hitler analogy, opining that Obama “has engaged in the most consequential bait-and-switch since Hitler duped Chamberlain over Czechoslovakia at Munich.” But after claiming he’s not actually saying Obama is a Muslim, Gaffney contradicts himself by adding:
… there is mounting evidence that the President not only identifies with Muslims, but may actually still be one himself.
And what evidence does Gaffney offer?
- Obama referred to “the Holy Koran” in his Cairo speech.
- Obama acknowledged being familiar with Islam before coming to the region where Islam was “revealed”. The word “revealed” is a word used by Muslims, and that has Gaffney in a snit.
- The president said there were seven million Muslims in America and Gaffney disputes the figure, but says, “Who knows? By the time Mr. Obama’s friends among the radical “community organizers” of ACORN perpetrate their trademark books-cooking as deputy 2010 census-takers, the official count may well claim there are considerably more than 7 million Muslims living here.)”
- Obama used the Muslim phrase “peace be upon them” to apply to Jesus, Moses and Mohamed; Gaffney says this only applies to dead holy men, so no Christian would use this to refer to Jesus, who Christians regard as living.
- He will enable Muslims to zakat, or tithing, and Gaffney asserts that means he’s encouraging them to give to terrorist groups.
Gaffney incredibly ends his argument by saying that these items will pressure American Muslims to submit to groups favoring Sharia law, “and heighten expectations, here and abroad, that the rest of us will do so as well.”