- Hired! Career ProspectsPosted 36 mins ago
- Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying On Congress’ Computer NetworkPosted 17 hours ago
- AFMW: Jim DeMint: ‘Falling In Love With America Again’Posted 18 hours ago
- House Cat Attacks! Owner Calls 911Posted 19 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 6 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Sotomayor Derangement Syndrome
Paul Krugman sums up how insane the attacks on Sotomayor have become. From being criticized for having a name unnatural to the American tongue, to how her love of Puerto Rican cuisine may cloud her judgment, to being attacked for not saving enough money on a judge’s salary. And here’s what’s really going on here:
The thing that is really driving conservatives crazy, I think, is that their identity politics just isn’t working like it used to. Their whole approach has been based on the belief that Americans vote as if they live in Mayberry, and fear and hate anyone who looks a bit different; now that the country just isn’t like that, they’ve gone mad.
Are the sufferers of Sotomayor Derangement Syndrome even aware of how crazy they sound?