- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 17 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 18 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 24 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Sir, Take Your Hand off the Diet Coke
Thom the runner proudly handed me a Democratic National Convention goodie bag. It was filled with all sorts of treats including my favorite beverage of choice — the Baptist Martini. For you Lutherans out there – that’s a Diet Coke.
Thom is an ambitious young college kid and he loaded me up with two Diet Cokes and Two Red Bulls. Little did I know, it would cause me grief at the security check point outside Pepsi Center.
As they rifled and rummaged through my belongings, they came across the contraband beverages. Instead of a casual, “Sir, you can’t bring these inside the secure zone,” the security guard read me the riot act.
“Can’t you read the sign,” she scolded me. Sure enough, there was a sign that banned soft drinks and any other canned beverage. I must have been on vacation when Homeland Security deemed fizzy drinks a national security threat. Although I knew a girl in college whose root beer belch could be considered a weapon of mass destruction.
I had visions of water-boarding at Guantanamo Bay in my near future. I promptly tossed the drinks in a nearby trash can and scooted on my merry way.
It’s a good thing I didn’t try to sneak in a YooHoo.